As way of introducing guests to the different flavours of Japan, All Nippon Airways (ANA) has a “Tastes of Japan by ANA – Explore the Regions” campaign. Every six months, the in-flight menu is changed to feature food from a different region in Japan. Previous regions that have been highlighted in the in-flight menu include Hokkaido and Kyushu. Now, it’s the Chugoku and Shikoku regions’ turn to be centre stage.
The exciting new menu’s offerings include the below:
- Tattori grilled chub mackerel with mirin Japanese sweet sake
- Boneless Shimane pork ribs with Sicilian green olive relish
- Sauteed Hiroshima Osakikamijima prawn and Greenland halibut, basil-flavoured pasta with shellfish and paprika sauce
- Yamaguchi tilefish poele with braised turnip and truffle cream sauce
- Awaodori chicken and mushroom curry with steamed rice (Tokushima)
- Ehime red sea bream and fennel salad foie-gras and apricot tart
- Peach sorbet (Okayama)
First introduced in 2013, the “Tastes of Japan by ANA” was launched in 2017 as the second phase of the campaign. The airline considers itself an ambassador of Japan’s rich culture, and wants to do its part to bring the joys of Japanese cuisine to new audiences. Besides the in-flight menu refresh every six months, guests can also sample exquisite Japanese flavours at the ANA Suite Lounge at Tokyo’s Haneda airport. Choices like Kagawa wagyu steak or Kochi alfonsino and butterbur roll are just two delicious-sounding dishes available for order.
Senior Vice President of ANA, Seiichi Takahasi said, “By highlighting the culture and dishes from Chugoku and Shikoku over the coming six months, we aim to bring the joys of Japanese cuisine to new audiences while also helping the region recover from its recent typhoon.”
Read more about it here.